News from Start Skydiving:
Last weeks Ohio Numbers
- Slots: 1277
- Lifts: 88
- Tandem’s: 299
- AFF’s: 49
- Fun jumps Slots: 266
- Demos: 21
Testimony From Erin Peters
It has been a hard road but one worth taking.
A life full of failures.
- Introduction – Overweight whole life, knew in 5th grade I was different
- gained almost 100 pounds between 6th and 10th grade
- never felt motivated to do anything about it
- quit sports after middle school because of the teasing and low self esteem
- I got through high school but it was rough, I had only a few friends and always felt like the fat kid that nobody liked
- and through everything I always turned to food when I was upset, I turned to food for everything
- After finishing my associate degree I didn’t go on to finish my bachelor’s and have always felt like that was something I should have done. Failure.
- I met Michael and we hit it off right away, I knew that God had sent him to me. He saved me from myself. Once Michael and I got married I continued to gain weight but it was “OK” because Mike always told me that he loved just the way I was. We suffered through the loss of our first child with an ectopic pregnancy. This devastated us, obviously I had done something horrible to my body by being so overweight that I caused this to happen.
- After the ectopic pregnancy I lost about 50 pounds so that I could be healthy enough to have a baby and I did and then 8 months after Jacob was born we found out we were expecting our second baby, Justin. Wow!! We were blessed beyond measure and pretty overwhelmed.
- Even though I had everything I ever wanted, a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful little boys I still continued on this destructive lifestyle and over ate and didn’t exercise enough for it to matter.
- In 2009 I met a wonderful, Godly friend at the Women’s retreat that struggled with the same things that I did, we were able to talk about our struggles, the things that we longed for, and how we felt about being overweight. Again, God sent me someone to walk this road with, someone who understood what I had been through and someone who loved me for me and didn’t care what I looked like.
- Although I was happy again I continued to gain weight and suffered another miscarriage in 2009. Another blow to the heart.
- My friend and I talked about losing weight, we were determined that it was going to happen. We were so pumped, we did a video and auditioned to be on the Biggest Loser, were sure that we were going to get picked and go on the show and lose all the weight and win! Nope, another failure. Not only did I not make it on the show I gained even more weight and then
- In June of 2010 I found out I was expecting another baby, my Daniel that was born in February 2011.
- After Daniel was born I was determined that I was going to lose weight, again. Again, nothing. In fact I was at my heaviest weight, except while I was expecting.
- There was a new Sunday school class that was going to start called Made to Crave, it sounded great. I went into it skeptical that a bible study would help me lose weight. I went through the study and didn’t lose a pound!
- In November 2012 Mike and I went to Natural Bridge for our Anniversary, we decided to climb the ¾ of mile hike to the bridge. Hardest thing ever. I had to stop and catch my breath every 10 feet. It took almost an hour to climb to the top. I was devastated. That was the worst I had ever felt, I was actually worried that I might have a heart attack. How did I let myself get this bad? I promised myself that I was going to do something about it.
- I got home and decided that January 1 I was going to make a change and everything was going to be different. Over the course of the holidays I gained about 10 pounds, I ate what I wanted because January 1 I was going to make a change. January 1st came and went, January 2nd came and went. Failed. Again. I decided that it was a lost cause and I was so upset, so hurt, why couldn’t I do this why couldn’t I control myself, why couldn’t I lose weight? I was lying in bed crying and upset with myself. I rolled over and there on the nightstand was my book ‘Made to Crave.’ I picked it up and started reading it. Read the whole thing in only a few days. Even though I had read it before I felt like it was I reading it for the first time. Things popped out at me this time and I identified with what she had to say. She says in ‘Made to Crave’ that the only thing that we were made to crave is God, not anything else but Him. Wow! I never thought of it like that before, not even when I read it the first time. So I decided I was going to give it a shot. I was going to seek out God, pray to Him for guidance, will power and strength. I went to bed on the 6th of January and prayed that God would give me the want-to to get up in the morning and walk, that He would give me the strength to push through and just do it. And do you know what, He did. I woke up that morning ready to go. I put my shoes on and I walked about a mile and a half and it took me over 30 minutes! I loved it! I felt so empowered. I wasn’t going to be winning any races but I was moving. And from that day forward I did it 6 days a week. I got up, went outside and I walked, I eventually got quicker and was able to go farther. And the weight came off! I was eating healthy, I was exercising, I walked 6 days a week, did Zumba once a week, and another video one other night during the week. I loved my morning walks. I prayed and I praised. I put my headphones on and I would worship God through the music and I would pray not only for my journey but for the journey of those that I love as well. While at an OHIMA conference for work a man spoke of his experiences with skydiving and how exciting they were and it got me thinking. I love a good adrenalin rush. I love Kings Island and all the fast rides and big drops so why not give it a try. I looked into it and discovered that they don’t recommend jumpers to be over 220 pounds. Well, I was out. So, I decided right then and there that I was going to get under that weight and go skydiving when I reach my first major goal as a prize for all the hard work. I am almost to my first major goal weight and I can’t wait to jump out of an airplane and feel weightless. How amazing it will be to feel that way after a lifetime of carrying so much extra weight around. Since beginning this journey I have completed 5 half marathons (including the Flying Pig Half), 2 Biggest Loser Obstacle Course Races, a 10K, and 8 5K’s, and with my daily walk/run’s completed, according to Map my Run, last year completed 454 workouts, put in over 420 hours, over 1300 miles and burned over 324,000 calories. Glory to God! I have no doubt that had I not given my journey to God I would not be standing here today the changed person that I am. He has transformed me into someone I never could have dreamed I would ever believe. I am not finished yet. He is still moving in my life. There is so much more that I want and long to do. My journey is far from over I am still a work in progress but with the help of my Lord and Savior I am far from where I used to be!
Upcoming Events at Start Skydiving
Tracking Skills and Intro to Angle Flying Camp
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Brad Hunt will be out hosting Tracking Skills and Intro to Angle Flying Skills Camp. We will begin Saturday working on proficiency in tracking and then move on to more challenging tracking dives and conclude the camp going over practical application of angle flying. All skill levels are encouraged to attend. “Register”
We always have fun at our parties, beer starts flowing at Start after the last load and Best and Worst Costumes will be awarded. (Worst Costume buys Best Costume a drink)
Last loads of the day we will set up the annual Chute-Shoot-Shot Competition. Sport accuracy, paintball guns, dizzy bats, obstacle courses, and taking shots will reveal this year’s champion…
You can now manifest from your smartphone! Simply download the BurbleMe app for your phone’s operating system (see links below) and start manifesting today!
- From the Start Skydiving Facebook page (Click the “View Our Current Plane Loads” link at the top of the page)
- By clicking this link: https://dzm.burblesoft.com/jumper_manifest_public/?dz_id=70
SALUTING OUR MILITARY: Sergeant Major Rudy Wieners
Sergeant Major Rudy Wieners, USMC (Ret.) Always a Marine…joined USMC, March 1942 and served over 25 years of active duty. Receiving Purple Hearts during WWII, Korea and Vietnam, and is also a recipient of the Silver Star.
Here are a few good links:
News from Start Skydiving Florida:
Wounded Warrior Event 15 March 2014
- We have 35 Wounded Warrior jumpers all Wounded Warrior March 15 2014 at Start Skydiving Florida.
March 15, a large group of Wounded Warriors will be leap from airplanes over Start Skydiving Florida as a part of the Florida Wounded Warrior Weekend. This event is hosted by Start Skydiving Florida and Team Fastrax Professional Skydiving Team as part of their long-term ‘Giving Back’ campaign that provides this exciting experience to Wounded Warrior across the United States.
That being said – don’t forget to show support for us by Liking us on Facebook and leaving 5-star reviews on our Google Places page: Start Skydiving Florida. Every little bit helps get our name out there!
News from Team Fastrax:
NEW TEAM VIDEO’S:
06 15 2014 NASCAR Quicken Loans 400 “Team Fastrax Video”
06 14 2014 Dayton Dragons “Team Fastrax Video”
06 07 2014 Dublin Special Olympics “Team Fastrax Video”
07 03 2014 Red White and Boom 2014 “Team Fastrax Video”
07 04 2014 4th July Party 2014 “Team Fastrax Video”
09 01 2014 U of L Football “Team Fastrax Video”
Team Fastrax at Federated Auto Parts 400 Richmond International Raceway — with Mark Russell, Matthew Pennington, Jennifer Olson, Dana Lee Bowman, Dan Paganini and Paul Stanford. “Selfie” ESPN’s Mobile Pit Studio and Team Fastrax — with Dan Paganini, Brad Daugherty, Rusty Wallace, Dana Lee Bowman, Nicole Briscoe, Paul Peckhan, Paul Stanford, Mark Russell and Matthew Pennington NASCAR Federated Auto Parts 400 Richmond International Raceway — with Dana Lee Bowman, Dan Paganini and Paul Stanford.
Don’t forget to show support for us by Liking us on Facebook.
06 14 2012 Start Skydiving “Flag Day” Hook Field “Team Fastrax Video By “Brett Dennis”
06 14 2012 American Legion “Flag Day” New Carlisle “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
06 30 2012 Kentucky Speedway “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
07 28 2012 Nuxhall Miracle League “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan”
08 24 2012 Simon Kenton High School (ARMY) “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
09 01 2012 Mead Cusa Cup West Carrollton “Team Fastrax Video By “Rudder”
09 01 2012 Mead Cusa Cup OAK GROVE PARK “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
08 31 2012 Fairfield High School Game “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan and Rudder”
09 01 2012 IU vs. Indiana State “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan”
09 02 2012 WEBN “Team Fastrax Video By “Team Fastrax”
09 06 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Pittsburgh “Team Fastrax Video By “Team Fastrax”
09 09 2012 Darby Dan “Team Fastrax Video By “Team Fastrax”
09 15 2012 Air Force Marathon “Team Fastrax Video By “Team Fastrax”
09 15 2012 Safety Fair “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan P”
09 15 2012 University of Cincinnati Football “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
10 06 2012 University of Cincinnati Football “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
10 12 2012 Logan Hocking “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan”
06 23 2013 Dayton Airshow “Team Fastrax Video”
06 26 2013 KY Speedway NASCAR “Team Fastrax Video”
08 24 2013 Heros Ride “Team Fastrax Video”
08 24 2013 Spc Jesse A. Snow Memorial Skydive @ Dayton National Cemetery “Team Fastrax Video”
08 17 2013 Thunder United FC “Team Fastrax Video”
08 30 2013 Kettering Fairmont High School Football “Team Fastrax Video”
08 31 2013 University of Cincinnati Football “Team Fastrax Video”
09 11 2013 Quaker Steak & Lube on 9/11/2013 “Team Fastrax Video”
09 13 2013 Lakota East HS Football game “Team Fastrax Video”
09 14 2013 478th Army Engineering Battalion “Team Fastrax Video”
We pledge to attend to our customers’ needs in a professional and courteous manner. We also will treat our customers with the utmost respect and regard. Start Aviation Services provides quality service combined with competitive pricing for a valuable choice.
Start Aviation Services.
The Team Jacob Foundation
For more information or to make a donation see the Links Below:
AWOS Link AWOS LINK:
Start Skydiving proudly serves the Skydive Cincinnati, Skydive Columbus, Skydive Dayton, Skydive Cleveland, Skydive Lexington, Skydive Louisville, Skydive Orlando, Skydive Florida and Skydive Indianapolis areas. Start Skydiving is where Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky go to skydive. If it is your first skydive or you are an experienced skydiver, come skydive with Start Skydiving Ohio. We teach more people to skydive than any other skydiving center in the Midwest. Find out why we are the #1 place to skydive in the world.