News from Start Skydiving:
Ohio Numbers 13 – 20 May 2013:
Fun Jumpers Slots: 342
Intro to 4-way/Scrambles 18 and 19 May 2013
- 1st Place Margot Meredith
- 2nd Place Adrienne Meder
- 3rd Pace Erin Flanagan
USPA Coach Certification Course May 24th – 26th 2013 Starts at 7:00 Pm Friday.
USPA Coach Certification Course for earning your first basic instructional rating. Course start’s Friday May 24th – 26th 2013. Contact Gene at email@example.com if you are interested.
This is the fundamental entry level USPA Instructor rating. It will be the foundation that you will build upon while you obtain all of your other ratings. This course will give you the basic tools and understanding needed to instruct general skydiving concepts. This course also teaches coaches how to teach group freefall skills and teach new students how to build upon their newly developed skill sets. The course focuses on adult learning principles, teaching techniques and understanding the ISP, as well as applying useful strategies to be successful in applying and teaching skydiving to novice students.
- Current USPA membership
- Minimum of 100 jumps
- Have the required topics signed off on the Coach
- Proficiency Card prior to the course
- Have completed your written exam
- Have the USPA SIM and IRM
You need to have a current SIM and IRM for the course. ( Current SIM and IRM at Manifest )
BASIC CRW COURSE – JUNE 8-9
Team Fastrax will be holding a Basic CRW Skills Camp June 8-9. The camp will run for two days and will consist of 6 jumps and ground training. A B-license is required to participate. Click Here to pre-register for the Basic CRW Course.
BIG-WAY CAMP WITH GUY WRIGHT – JUNE 13-16
Big way training with Guy Wright is scheduled for June 13-16 so mark your calendars! The camp will begin with smaller 10-16ways and then progress to 20, 30, & 40ways with attempts at new Ohio RW records. This will be a great weekend of fun and challenging skydives with world class coaching and organizing. Click Here to register.
BASIC CANOPY CONTROL COURSE – JULY 7
Fastrax Swoop will be holding a second Basic Canopy Control Course on July 7th. There is a 10 person maximum for the course, and remember it is a requirement for earning a B-License. Click Here to register.
Team Fastrax Giving Back
Beginning in the 2013 skydive season, Team Fastrax has committed to giving back to the community in which we jump. There has been a concerted effort by team members to identify feasible opportunities where we can be utilized to help in community and volunteer activities.
In the spirit of charity and obligation to our community, Team Fastrax Members recently offered some backbone and muscle to assist the city of Middletown and the wonderful managers of the Bulls Run Arboretum. Team Fastrax members; Derick Creech, Jim Fangmeyer, John Hart, Matt Harvey, Alex Lupson, Bud Prenatt, and Paul Stanford hauled almost 4 tons of mulch, covering trails, and preparing the arboretum for the Spring blooming season for the trees, flowers, and wildlife indigenous to Ohio.
Please be sure to take the 10 minute drive and enjoy Ohio nature as well as the mulch-covered hiking trails at 3909 Rosedale Road in Middletown and enjoy some of the hard work performed by your favorite Professional Skydiving Team!
If you have any ideas where Team Fastrax you and Team Fastrax can give back to the community, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Team Fastrax and offer your ideas!
Friday, Start Skydiving sponsored Breast Cancer Survivors and their Supporters who came out and jumped for the Cause. It was an Awesome Day to be at Start Skydiving and Fox 19 News was there to capture the excitement! Thank you to the Staff who donated their time and to everyone who came out to show their support! THINK PINK!!
Armed Forces Day Thank You – Tandem Skydives Thad Airhart, Diana Murray, Derek Wilkes, Elizabeth McCracken, Santino Musolino, Jo Ann Norton and Jeff McCracken B-license, C-license and D-license! Congratulations, Trevor Dickson at Start Skydiving.B-license! Congratulations, Misty Mathews Klosterman.
Start Hard Training Weekend #1 — with John Hart, Michelle Albers, Derick Creech, Scott Shell, Amy Fillion and Beth Shell
Tyler Roemer demonstrating one of the most important tunnel instructor skills with Melanie Johnson and Tyler Roemer. Larry Alcocer rolls out of the plane, looking chill as evah. Photo by Melanie Johnson.
Staff Sgt. Sean Samaroo, 4th Battalion, 10th Infantry Regiment, was awarded the Silver Star for his actions in Afghanistan.
The ceremony took place at the newly designated Wanat Range, formerly known as Camden Range.
Samaroo received the award, the nation’s third highest military decoration, for his part in the Battle of Wanat, which took place 2008 in the eastern province of Nuristan, Afghanistan. Samaroo is also a Purple Heart and Bronze Star recipient.
“There were a lot of heroes out there,” Samaroo said. “Some maybe didn’t get recognized as much as me. I’m pretty thankful and honored.”
On the morning of July 13, 14 months into Samaroo’s deployment, an estimated 200 enemy fighters launched a coordinated assault on a small vehicle patrol base manned by approximately 50 American and coalition troops.
As the battle began, Samaroo – then with Company C, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade – and his squad were manning a traffic control point near the base. Samaroo’s squad successfully defended the traffic control point before reinforcing an observation point, which was under threat to be overrun by the attackers.
On his way to the observation point – an uphill climb through exposed terrain – Samaroo encountered three wounded Soldiers, whom he and his squad brought to safety.
Samaroo himself was wounded by shrapnel and was bleeding from the head and legs, but refused to leave his position until reinforcements arrived.
Nine American Soldiers were killed in the attack; 27 Americans and four Afghan soldiers were wounded.
Samaroo credited his training and instinct with helping him through the situation.
“There was a time that I did not want to go up that hill,” he admitted. “I thought that it was too early. There’s such a thing as tactical patience. You have to let the battle evolve.
Because of that, I believe we saved a (few) more lives that way.”
After he was wounded, Samaroo said goodbye to his wife and son aloud, according to a first-person account read during the ceremony by Lt. Col. Richard McDermott, 4th Bn., 10th Inf. Reg., commander.
“That’s when I said, ‘Man, this is it. You’re gone,'” Samaroo said. “I really thought I was, but I just clicked like that and started focusing back on what I had to do.”
Samaroo admitted that the incident changed his life.
“Any time you have a near-death experience … it changes you. It does. You think about the small things in life,” he said.
Samaroo, who has been in the Army for nine years, came to Fort Jackson in January as a cadre instructor at Camden Range. The range, which has been undergoing extensive upgrades, was renamed “Wanat Mounted Convoy Live Fire Range” in honor of the Soldiers who died during the Battle of Wanat.
Brig. Gen. Bradley May, Fort Jackson commanding general, called the renaming a fitting tribute as the range will be used to train “skills that will allow (Soldiers) to thrive in combat, just as Staff Sgt. Samaroo did.”
Samaroo said he hopes to pass on those skills and ultimately intends to become a drill sergeant.
“That’s always been a dream of mine, being a drill sergeant,” he said. “I want to be able to share what I learned as a combat Soldier.”
Here are a few good links:
News from Start Skydiving Florida:
Now Open Year Round ” Start Skydiving Florida”
Adelle Molnar jumps with Clint Leighton at Start Skydiving Florida.
That being said – don’t forget to show support for us by Liking us on Facebook and leaving 5-star reviews on our Google Places page: Start Skydiving Florida. Every little bit helps get our name out there!
News from Team Fastrax:
Demo last week:
05 18 2013 ARMED FORCES DEMO DZ
- David Hart Tandem Instructor
- Dan Paganini Tandem Instructor
- Paul Stanford Tandem Instructor
- Matt Harvey Tandem Instructor
- Rudder Tandem Instructor
- Scott Stilwell 7,800 sqft flag / Tandem Instructor
- Gary Holden Flag / Streamers
- John Hart Video
- Melanie Johnson Video
- Gene Ground Crew
05 18 2013 University of Cincinnati Bearcats Baseball
- John Hart American Flag
- Paul Standford University of Cincinnati Flag
- Dan Paganini Crew
- John Harth (Rudder) Crew / Game Ball
- Gary Holden Ground Crew
05 08 2013 Scioto Downs
- Dan Paganini American Flag
- Robin Streamer
- David Hart Streamer
- Babs Ground Crew
- Matt Ground Crew
- Gary Holden Ground Crew
VIDEO’S Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway:
- Jared Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Jared Bolhuis”
- Jordan Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Jordan Folmar”
- Eric Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Eric Uecke ”
- Eric Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Eric Zastoupil”
- Kiel Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Kiel Vickers”
- Reese Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Reese Hines”
- Matt Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Matt Wilkinson”
- Keith Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Keith Zaneth”
- Joel Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Joel Tervara”
- Jeff Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Jeff Brown”
- Jacob Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Jacob Pope”
- Dustin Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Dustin Johns”
- Bo Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Bo Wester”
- Adam Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Adam Popp”
- Jessie Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Jessie Fletcher”
- Karl Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Karl Dorman”
- Arron Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Arron Causey”
- Cody Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Cody Armstrong”
- Johnny Wounded Warrior Event at Texas Motor Speedway: “Johnny Morris”
- 05 18 2013 University of Cincinnati Bearcats Baseball
- 05 18 2013 ARMED FORCES DEMO DZ (New)
- 05 22 2013 DC Gaylord
- 05 26 2013 Scioto Downs (New)
- 05 27 2013 Woodside Cemetery
- 05 30 2013 Quaker Steak n Lube The Thank You Foundation (New)
- 05 31 2013 USAFA Golf Classic (New)
- 06 01 2013 Dayton Dragons American Celebration
- 06 01 2013 Pyramid Hill
- 06 07 2013 Ramsey, NJ Relay For Life
- 06 07 2013 Tri State Warbird Museum
- 06 14 2013 Flag Retirement (New)
- 06 18 2013 Dayton Dragons All Star Game
- 06 22 2013 Dayton Airshow
- 06 23 2013 Dayton Airshow
- 07 04 2013 Dayton Dragons 4th July Celebration
- 07 22 2013 Dayton Defense Golf Outing
- 07 26 2013 Freedom Alliance Charity Golf Classic
- 07 27 2013 Freedom Alliance Charity Golf Classic
- 07 29 2013 Pat Rupp Memorial Golf Tournament
- 08 03 2013 Bath County Wings and Wheels
- 08 03 2013 National Night Out
- 08 11 2013 NASCAR Watkins Glen
- 08 15 2013 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 16 2013 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 17 2013 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 17 2013 478th Golf Outing
- 08 17 2013 Dayton Dragons American Celebration
- 08 24 2013 Fallen Hero Poker Run (New)
- 09 12 2013 Quaker Steak n Lube The Thank You Foundation (New)
- 09 13 2013 National Championship Air Races
- 09 14 2013 National Championship Air Races
- 09 14 2013 Safety Fair
- 09 15 2013 National Championship Air Races
- 09 21 2013 Air Force Marathon 2013
- 09 21 2013 The after party at the Greene
- 09 28 2013 Smith Park Hospice
- 10 27 2013 Marine Corps Marathon
- 11 02 2013 Hueston Woods State Park Veterans Day
Don’t forget to show support for us by Liking us on Facebook.
Wounded Warriors Jessie Fletcher, left, and Dana Bowman, right, after their jump at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX, Friday, March 1, 2013. Fiona Gorostiza, Fox 4, displays the coins that she received after her jump at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX, Friday, March 1, 2013. The Opening ceremonies began at 8:30 a.m. with the National Anthem performed by Aaron Tippin, followed by a choreographed skydiving jump with Team Fastrax into Texas Motor Speedway. John Hart, retired army, Team Fastrax, jumps at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX, Friday, March 1, 2013.
06 14 2012 Start Skydiving “Flag Day” Hook Field “Team Fastrax Video By “Brett Dennis”
06 14 2012 American Legion “Flag Day” New Carlisle “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
06 30 2012 Kentucky Speedway “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
07 28 2012 Nuxhall Miracle League “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan”
08 24 2012 Simon Kenton High School (ARMY) “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
09 01 2012 Mead Cusa Cup West Carrollton “Team Fastrax Video By “Rudder”
09 01 2012 Mead Cusa Cup OAK GROVE PARK “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
08 31 2012 Fairfield High School Game “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan and Rudder”
09 01 2012 IU vs. Indiana State “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan”
09 02 2012 WEBN “Team Fastrax Video By “Team Fastrax”
09 06 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Pittsburgh “Team Fastrax Video By “Team Fastrax”
09 09 2012 Darby Dan “Team Fastrax Video By “Team Fastrax”
09 15 2012 Air Force Marathon “Team Fastrax Video By “Team Fastrax”
09 15 2012 Safety Fair “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan P”
09 15 2012 University of Cincinnati Football “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
10 06 2012 University of Cincinnati Football “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
10 12 2012 Logan Hocking “Team Fastrax Video By “Dan”
We pledge to attend to our customers’ needs in a professional and courteous manner. We also will treat our customers with the utmost respect and regard. Start Aviation Services provides quality service combined with competitive pricing for a valuable choice.
Start Aviation Services.
The Team Jacob Foundation
For more information or to make a donation see the Links Below:
AWOS Link AWOS LINK:
Start Skydiving proudly serves the Skydive Cincinnati, Skydive Columbus, Skydive Dayton, Skydive Cleveland, Skydive Lexington, Skydive Louisville, Skydive Orlando, Skydive Florida and Skydive Indianapolis areas. Start Skydiving is where Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky go to skydive. If it is your first skydive or you are an experienced skydiver, come skydive with Start Skydiving Ohio. We teach more people to skydive than any other skydiving center in the Midwest. Find out why we are the #1 place to skydive in the world.