News from Start Skydiving:
“Record May @ Start Skydiving”
- Total No. slots: 5,733
- Lifts: 413
- AFF: 278
- Tandem: 1189
- Video: 639
- Handycam: 211
- Fun jumpers Slots: 1962
- Start Skydiving Now open 7 days a week!
- Casa This weekend: 30 people to 13,500 ft in 20 minutes or LESS. We just want you to know Tailgate exits are AWESOME!
- TaraPoteet earned her C-license! Congratulations, Tara!
- Joe Frolick earned his Coach Rating! Congratulations, Joe!
- Mike Durge earned his Coach Rating! Congratulations, Mike!
- Milt Shapiro earned his AFF Rating! Congratulations, Milt!
- Rick Dale Compled his 1000th Jump! Congratulations, Rick!
- Kyle Whittier earned his Tandem Rating! Congratulations, Kyle!
Ohio Numbers 28 May – 03 June 2012:
- Slots: 1,216
- Loads: 90
- Tandem: 323
- AFF: 48
- Fun Jumpers Slots: 318
USPA Coach Certification Course June 1st & 2nd 2012
Paul Stanford carried our sign to the top of Denali, Mt. McKinley, the highest peak in North America! He stands at 20,320 feet above Alaska! Truly an Athlete and an Outstanding Man!!!!! Way to Go Paul!!!
This weeks Baby Picture: Guess Who?
“The outdoors Life started at a young age for this Start Skydiving Staff member”
Last weeks Baby Picture: Guess Who? Paul Wignall
Construction Update @ Start Skydiving!
The drywall is complete and painting begins Friday. We have also installed the new steel doors on all of the classrooms and coaching offices. The electric is being finished this weekend and the ceiling grid is scheduled to be installed next Wednesday. The HVAC will be completed by next Friday and the flooring installed soon after.
Brian Klosterman is working on all of the drawings for the RV park state permits. Duke Engery will be pulling power to the new location in the next couple of weeks and we will begin trenching soon after for all of the hookups.
The new Drop-In Grill will be delayed a couple of weeks pending the issuance of the health and vendor permits.
AIRCRAFT FOR 2012:
June 1st through June 31st we will be flying the CASA, Caravan and 206.
July 1st through July 31st we will be flying two Caravans and the 206.
August 1st through Sept 3rd we will be flying the CASA, Caravan and 206.
Sept 4th through Nov 1st we will be flying two Caravans and the 206.
CANOPY CONTROL COURSES – JULY 27, 28 & 29
Team Fastrax Swoop will be holding additional canopy courses Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 27-29, one course each day. There is an 8 person maximum so register now!
WINGSUIT FIRST FLIGHT COURSES
Mark Duber will be holding more Wingsuit First Flight Courses on June 23, July 14, and Oct. 13. Please contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to reserve your slot.
BIG-WAY WEEKEND WITH GUY WRIGHT
Mark your calendars for June 14-17 ’cause Guy Wright returns to Start Skydiving to run a 4-day big-way camp! The camp will begin with smaller 10 to 16 ways and progress up to 20, 30, & 40 ways with attempts at Ohio RW records. This will be a great weekend of fun and successful skydives with world class coaching and organizing. We will have the CASA at the DZ that weekend.
Click here to register for Guy Wright Big-Ways.
SISTERS IN SKYDIVING (SIS) WEEKEND – JUNE 30 – JULY 1
Start Skydiving will be hosting a Sisters in Skydiving (SIS) weekend June 30-July 1. We will have RW and freefly coaching and organizing from the ladies of Team Tenacity and world record holder Melanie Johnson. We will also be holding various seminars throughout the weekend and a tiki cookout Saturday evening. This is a great weekend to come out and promote women in the sport and get to know your fellow female skydivers. Coupled with Jump ’til You Drop and the CASA all weekend, this is an event you definitely don’t want to miss!
Click here to register for Sisters in Skydiving weekend
SALUTING OUR MILITARY:
Pvt. Taylor Snader graduated from basic training Aug. 18, 2011 in Fort Jackson, SC.
On 6 August, 2011, Taliban insurgents shot down a US Military CH-47 Chinook helicopter in the wee hours of the morning as it arrived for a mission in Eastern Afghanistan.
Here are a few good links:
News from Start Skydiving Florida:
That being said – don’t forget to show support for us by Liking us on Facebook and leaving 5-star reviews on our Google Places page: Start Skydiving Florida. Every little bit helps get our name out there!
News from Team Fastrax:
Shaun Meadows A disabled veteran and his family are in a new home with the help Operation Finally Home, and many others. Shaun Meadows lost both of his legs while serving in Afghanistan nearly four years ago. He now gets around with the help of prosthetic legs. On Thursday, Team Fastrax traveled to Linville, Tennessee located in Giles County about 90 miles south of Nashville for the unveiling of the home. At 01:00pm Shaun proudly Landing at his new house By Parachute and the help of Team Fastrax.
The Meadows’ family officially moves into their new home on Friday.
Shaun Meadows with John Hart Before His New home dedication ceremony. Photo By John Rudder Harth.Team Fastrax, Shaun Meadows, Scott Page and Stephen Page Before Shaun Meadows home dedication ceremony.Team Fastrax, Shaun Meadows, Scott Page and Stephen Page flying to The Drop Zone “Shaun New House”John hart looks at the Spot.Shaun and John Spotting Before the Jump.Just out the Door 2500 AGL “First look at Shaun New House”Shaun Meadows and John hart just after exit from 13500 AGL.Shaun Meadows and John hart 10000 ft above Shaun’s New Home.Shaun Meadows and John hart Just before pull time.Shaun at 500 ft.“Shaun Lands at his new house”Shaun Get a Big Hug from his son Trevor.Shaun Get a Team Fastrax Coin From John. Trevor Meadows, and Wife Nicole Meadows stand Near Shaun
Last weeks Demos:
05 24 2012 Shaun Meadows
- Dan Paganini Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- Thomas Margand Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- Scott Stilwell Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- Alex Lupson Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- Ray Dutch Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- John Hart AFF Instructor / Video
- John Harth Flag / Video
- Gene Newsom Ground crew
- Jeff Anderson Pilot
05 18 2012 University of Cincinnati Baseball “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
05 19 2012 Dayton Dragons “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
- Team Fastrax tryouts will also be held on June 15,16 and 17 2012. Contact Gene at email@example.com if you are interested.
- 3 Team Fastrax training camps date and time will be posted later.
- Team Tandem Master Please email Medical Certificate and Ratings to Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alex Lupson Jumps the $129 Flag at University of Cincinnati Baseball Photo by Emily.
- 06 09 2012 City Night New Police Department Southgate, Ky
- 06 14 2011 American Legion “Flag Day” New Carlisle
- 06 16 2012 Veterans Appreciation Rally
- 06 17 2012 Veterans Appreciation Rally
- 06 21 2012 HBAGC Golf Outing Elgin, IL
- 06 22 2012 The Greene
- 06 24 2012 Bishop Fenwick Festival 60th Anniversary jump
- 06 29 2012 Harley Rally in Dayton
- 06 29 2012 Kentucky Speedway NASCAR Nationwide Race
- 06 30 2012 Honor Veterans Butler County Airport (New)
- 07 04 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7 pm
- 07 06 2012 Dayton Airshow Tandem (New)
- 07 07 2012 4th for our soldiers (New)
- 07 09 2012 Dayton Defense Golf Outing – 8:00 am
- 07 12 2012 Celebrity Softball Game (New)
- 07 13 2012 Ohio Challenge (Night Pyrotechnics)
- 07 14 2012 Ohio Challenge (Night Pyrotechnics)
- 07 15 2012 Ohio Challenge
- 07 21 2012 Tri-State Rhythm and Rib Fest
- 08 03 2012 Yankee Trace Golf Course (New)
- 08 17 2012 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 18 2012 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 18 2012 478th Golf Outing
- 08 18 2012 Wounded Warrior Home Dedication Antioch, Illinois
- 08 24 2012 Piqua High School – 7:00 pm
- 08 24 2012 Talwanda High School – 7:00 pm
- 08 24 2012 Yankee Trace Golf Course (New)
- 08 25 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7:00 pm
- 08 31 2012 La Salle Football vs. Covington Catholic (New)
- 09 15 2012 Air Force Marathon (New)
- 09 15 2012 The after party at the Greene (New)
- 09 15 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Pittsburgh
- 09 28 2012 La Salle Football vs. Moeller (New)
- 10 06 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Miami Ohio
- 10 13 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Fordhame
- 11 03 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Syracuse
- 11 17 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Rutgers
- 11 23 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. USF (PYRO JUMP)
Team Fastrax and NY Skyline
Start Aviation Services.
The Team Jacob Foundation
For more information or to make a donation see the Links Below:
AWOS Link AWOS LINK:
Start Skydiving proudly serves the Skydive Cincinnati, Skydive Columbus, Skydive Dayton, Skydive Cleveland, Skydive Lexington, Skydive Louisville and Skydive Indianapolis areas. Start Skydiving is where Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky go to skydive. If it is your first skydive or you are an experienced skydiver, come skydive with Start Skydiving Ohio. We teach more people to skydive than any other skydiving center in the Midwest. Find out why we are the #1 place to skydive in the world.