News from Start Skydiving:
- Start Skydiving Now open 7 days a week!
- SkyvanThis weekend: 23 people to 13,500 ft in 18 minutes or LESS. We just want you to know Tailgate exits are AWESOME!
- Adam Ralston earned his C-license! Congratulations, Adam!
- Bud Prenatt attended Wingsuit First Flight Course! Congratulations, Bud!
- Alex Lupson attended Wingsuit First Flight Course! Congratulations, Alex!
- Rick Winkler attended Wingsuit First Flight Course! Congratulations, Rick!
Ohio Numbers 21 May – 27 May 2012:
- Slots: 1307
- Loads: 100
- Tandem: 322
- AFF: 26
- Fun Jumpers Slots: 420
USPA Coach Certification Course June 1st & 2nd 2012 Starts at 05:45pm Friday Night
USPA Coach Certification Course for earning your first basic instructional rating. Course start’s Saturday June 1st and 2nd 2012. Contact Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
This is the fundamental entry level USPA Instructor rating. It will be the foundation that you will build upon while you obtain all of your other ratings. This course will give you the basic tools and understanding needed to instruct general skydiving concepts. This course also teaches coaches how to teach group freefall skills and teach new students how to build upon their newly developed skill sets. The course focuses on adult learning principles, teaching techniques and understanding the ISP, as well as applying useful strategies to be successful in applying and teaching skydiving to novice students.
- Current USPA membership
- Minimum of 100 jumps
- Have the required topics signed off on the Coach
- Proficiency Card prior to the course
- Have completed your written exam
- Have the USPA SIM and IRM
You need to have a current SIM and IRM for the course. ( Current SIM and IRM at Manifest )
Last weeks Baby Picture: Guess Who? Melanie Johnson
Look at that adorable little girl! Any idea who it is? This Jumper on Start Skydiving Staff and definitely still has those gorgeous lips! Melanie Johnson!
This weeks Baby Picture: Guess Who?
Construction Update @ Start Skydiving!
We have installed a new parking sign by the new 150-car parking lot and rolled the B, C & D landing areas to smooth them out. We intend to roll these areas once a month after a good rain until they are like fairways.
The 4500sf Jump Institute addition is progressing well. We have completed the electrical, plumbing and insulation and will have it inspected Wednesday. Drywall has been started Last Thursday with painting to begin soon after. We have ordered three new 5 ton AC compressors and furnaces that will replace the existing sytems in the next couple of weeks. The goal is to have the new 4500 square foot Jump Institute completed by June 1st.
We have also installed a new IP-based phone system with eight incoming lines and voicemail to better serve our incoming call volume. Rick Winkler has been busy setting up 14 new computers for Fast Slots and manifest. Doug and Brian came out and installed the new WIFI antenna on top of the FBO hanger by the new FOX 19 camera. This will give our pilots and line crew the range they need for the IPADS in the aircraft for load sheets.
Channel 19 FOX WXIX in Cincinnati installed the Start Skydiving Weather Cam this week to compliment their online weather feeds. We plan to install an additional 16 cameras with online feeds sometime this summer.
Hallway to Accelerated Freefall Briefing Rooms.
New Start Skydiving Wind Blades.
AIRCRAFT FOR 2012:
June 1st through June 31st we will be flying the CASA, Caravan and 206.
July 1st through July 31st we will be flying two Caravans and the 206.
August 1st through Sept 3rd we will be flying the CASA, Caravan and 206.
Sept 4th through Nov 1st we will be flying two Caravans and the 206.
SALUTING OUR MILITARY:
Mike Dickhaus, 25, of Liberty Twp., is a specialist in the National Guard. His base is in Woodlawn
On 6 August, 2011, Taliban insurgents shot down a US Military CH-47 Chinook helicopter in the wee hours of the morning as it arrived for a mission in Eastern Afghanistan.
Here are a few good links:
News from Start Skydiving Florida:
That being said – don’t forget to show support for us by Liking us on Facebook and leaving 5-star reviews on our Google Places page: Start Skydiving Florida. Every little bit helps get our name out there!
News from Team Fastrax:
Shaun Meadows A disabled veteran and his family are in a new home with the help Operation Finally Home, and many others. Shaun Meadows lost both of his legs while serving in Afghanistan nearly four years ago. He now gets around with the help of prosthetic legs. On Thursday, Team Fastrax traveled to Linville, Tennessee located in Giles County about 90 miles south of Nashville for the unveiling of the home. At 01:00pm Shaun proudly Landing at his new house By Parachute and the help of Team Fastrax.
The Meadows’ family officially moves into their new home on Friday.
Shaun Meadows with John Hart Before His New home dedication ceremony. Photo By John Rudder Harth.Team Fastrax, Shaun Meadows, Scott Page and Stephen Page Before Shaun Meadows home dedication ceremony.Team Fastrax, Shaun Meadows, Scott Page and Stephen Page flying to The Drop Zone “Shaun New House”John hart looks at the Spot.Shaun and John Spotting Before the Jump.Just out the Door 2500 AGL “First look at Shaun New House”Shaun Meadows and John hart just after exit from 13500 AGL.Shaun Meadows and John hart 10000 ft above Shaun’s New Home.Shaun Meadows and John hart Just before pull time.Shaun at 500 ft.“Shaun Lands at his new house”Shaun Get a Big Hug from his son Trevor.Shaun Get a Team Fastrax Coin From John. Trevor Meadows, and Wife Nicole Meadows stand Near Shaun
Last weeks Demos:
05 24 2012 Shaun Meadows
- Dan Paganini Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- Thomas Margand Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- Scott Stilwell Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- Alex Lupson Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- Ray Dutch Tandem Instructor / Handy cam
- John Hart AFF Instructor / Video
- John Harth Flag / Video
- Gene Newsom Ground crew
- Jeff Anderson Pilot
05 18 2012 University of Cincinnati Baseball “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
05 19 2012 Dayton Dragons “Team Fastrax Video By “Bud”
- Team Fastrax tryouts will also be held on June 15,16 and 17 2012. Contact Gene at email@example.com if you are interested.
- 3 Team Fastrax training camps date and time will be posted later.
- Team Tandem Master Please email Medical Certificate and Ratings to Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alex Lupson Jumps the $129 Flag at University of Cincinnati Baseball Photo by Emily.
- 06 09 2012 City Night New Police Department Southgate, Ky
- 06 14 2011 American Legion “Flag Day” New Carlisle
- 06 16 2012 Veterans Appreciation Rally
- 06 17 2012 Veterans Appreciation Rally
- 06 21 2012 HBAGC Golf Outing Elgin, IL
- 06 22 2012 The Greene
- 06 24 2012 Bishop Fenwick Festival 60th Anniversary jump
- 06 29 2012 Harley Rally in Dayton
- 06 29 2012 Kentucky Speedway NASCAR Nationwide Race
- 07 04 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7 pm
- 07 06 2012 Dayton Airshow TANDEM (New)
- 07 09 2012 Dayton Defense Golf Outing – 8:00 am
- 07 13 2012 Ohio Challenge (Night Pyrotechnics)
- 07 14 2012 Ohio Challenge (Night Pyrotechnics)
- 07 15 2012 Ohio Challenge
- 07 21 2012 Tri-State Rhythm and Rib Fest
- 08 17 2012 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 18 2012 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 18 2012 478th Golf Outing
- 08 18 2012 Wounded Warrior Home Dedication Antioch, Illinois
- 08 24 2012 Piqua High School – 7:00 pm
- 08 24 2012 Talwanda High School – 7:00 pm
- 08 25 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7:00 pm
- 09 15 2012 Air Force Marathon (New)
- 09 15 2012 The after party at the Greene (New)
- 09 15 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Pittsburgh
- 10 06 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Miami Ohio
- 10 13 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Fordhame
- 11 03 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Syracuse
- 11 17 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. Rutgers
- 11 23 2012 University of Cincinnati Football vs. USF (PYRO JUMP)
Team Fastrax and NY Skyline
Start Aviation Services.
The Team Jacob Foundation
For more information or to make a donation see the Links Below:
AWOS Link AWOS LINK:
Start Skydiving proudly serves the Skydive Cincinnati, Skydive Columbus, Skydive Dayton, Skydive Cleveland, Skydive Lexington, Skydive Louisville and Skydive Indianapolis areas. Start Skydiving is where Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky go to skydive. If it is your first skydive or you are an experienced skydiver, come skydive with Start Skydiving Ohio. We teach more people to skydive than any other skydiving center in the Midwest. Find out why we are the #1 place to skydive in the world.