We will be openin up again on Wednesday for fun jumpers. And will be having another Speedstar with special guest Mr. John Hart on the last load. Last one in buys the beer. The numbers keep growing and the dropzone is getting more prepared to reach that 10,000 tandem goal for this season.
Ohio Numbers 12 – 18 March 2012:
- Slots: 405
- Loads: 30
- Tandem 58
- AFF 7
- Fun Jumpers Slots 239
Rudder rocked a bowtie for St. Paddy’s Day!
Vector/Sigma Tandem Certification Course
To help your pursuit of becoming a full time skydiver, Start Skydiving offers the Vector/Sigma Tandem Certification Course, this course is for those of you who wish to become tandem Instructors. Course start’s Saturday March 24th. Contact Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
THE NATURE OF THE COURSE
Each candidate is required to arrive at this course with all prerequisites completed, as specified on the Tandem Instructor Proficiency Card, This classroom, training, and evaluation for this course
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO PASS THIS COURSE
Practical: Candidates for the USPA Tandem Instructor rating will be evaluated during the course for their ability to jump equipment and safely prepare and handle tandem students during actual tandem jumps with simulated students
Initial tandem evaluation phase.
The candidate will make five tandem jumps using tandem equipment under the supervision of the USPA Tandem Rating Course Director Practice tandem phase: The candidate will make a minimum of five more tandem jumps acting as the instructor with qualified experienced jumpers acting as students.
Non-Method-specific training evaluations.
Candidates will successfully train, observe, and critique at least one Category D to be preformed by the course director during the course (waived for instructors who hold a USPA Instructor rating in another discipline).
Prior to attending the course, each candidate must correctly answer 80% of the questions on an open-book examination covering
The complete ISP syllabus
The USPA Basic Safety Requirements
SIM section 5
Construction Update @ Start Skydiving!
“Construction is underway”
- 2012 Tunnel Camp:
Come join us at the largest wind tunnel in the world and train with John II and John III March 23-25! We will be working on RW skills, mastering the mantis body position and having a blast! While this camp is 4-way oriented, it can be geared to train and practice any belly-flying skills such as those needed for AFF/Coach jumps. People will learn in tandem with each other, allowing two coaches and two people to be in the tunnel together, reducing the cost of the time. Contact John Hart III at email@example.com for more information and to book your time.
ONE ON ONE TUNNEL COACHING One-on-One coaching
Our primary goal for one-on-one coaching is to learn all of the basic skills needed to participant in four-way. Learning the right techniques such as; basic body position, side-sliding, going up and down, forward and backward movement and of course (center) turns. You will be briefed on drills that you will employ in combination with all of the above mentioned techniques, in one session.
TWO ON TWO COACHING Two-on-Two coaching Participants must be pre-qualified by coaches to participate. This is for competent flyers that like to train 4-way but can’t fill in the other team slot’s. Team Fastrax offers the opportunity to fly with several coaches per session. This makes it possible for each participant to train the way he or she likes.
2012 University of Cincinnati Skydiving Club:
UC has a new skydiving introduction course worth 1 credit hour. You get college credit for learning the basics of skydiving and also given the opportunity to make a jump at the end of the course. It is only 3 days long. Class is on May 9th, 10th, and 11th and the class is held at night each of these nights. On Saturday, May 12th, the class goes to the drop zone in the morning to jump. Sign up for the class to not only have the most fun credit hour of your college career but also to learn more about skydiving. CJ 520P is the code for the system!
Big thanks to John Wright for setting up the class and supporting the UC Skydiving Club!
SALUTING OUR MILITARY:
SFC Paul Browder, 29, of Vandalia, is in the Ohio Army National Guard. He is currently serving with the Ohio Recruiting and Retention Command. He is seen here with his two sons before deployment to Iraq.
News from Start Skydiving Florida:
The weather has been amazing lately and people have been taking advantage of it. Our weekday business continues to be very strong. The Freedom typically flying until sunset All week long.
We have been running full-throttle at Start Skydiving Florida lately. We flew 66 loads last week alone! It’s going to be a long, hot summer, so come on out and enjoy.
- Slots 258
- Loads 67
- Tandem 117
- AFF 3
- Handycam 82
On Friday 16 March 2012 @ Start Skydiving Florida a Thrill-seeking couple get married while tumbling out of a plane over Start Skydiving Florida (Trista Semegon and Nicholas Holshue). The couple has taken the plunge into married life by skydiving from 10,500ft on their big day. Nicholas said this is our leap of faith.
Leap of faith at Start Skydiving Florida
Skydiving Marriage Proposal: Edmundo Lacayo Asks Michelle Bilodeau To Marry Him After They Jump From Plane. Edmundo 32, waited with an engagement ring in hand. “I have a very important question to ask you,” Edmundo said after Michelle landed and walked toward Her at the center of landing zone. “Yes, babe,” Michelle softly responded, then after a kiss she began jumping up and down. Marrying Michelle had been on Edmundo’s mind for several months, even though just the week before the jump was Rained out. “I was just waiting for the right opportunity and this was it,” Edmundo said.
We also have a few demos planned over the next 2 months for local communities and events to keep people talking about us and taking the plunge with us.
That being said – don’t forget to show support for us by Liking us on Facebook and leaving 5-star reviews on our Google Places page: Start Skydiving Florida. Every little bit helps get our name out there!
Megan Wortman & Thomas @ Start Skydiving Florida
News from Team Fastrax:
Last weekend Ground Crew Training Camp:
- Sherri Balmer
- Rob Richardson
- Todd Johnson (Instructor)
Jumpers for Dayton Dragons 04 April 2012
- John Hart
- Dan Paganini
- Bud Prenatt
- John Harth
Jumpers for Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach 14 & 15 April 2012
- John Hart
- Dan Paganini
- Bud Prenatt
- Team Fastrax tryouts will also be held on June 2012. Contact Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Team Fastrax PRO Training camp May 18, 19 20 2012. Contact Gene at email@example.com if you are interested.
- 3 Team Fastrax training camps date and time will be posted later.
- Team Tandem Master Please email Medical Certificate and Rating to Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Fastrax Training
- 04 04 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7:00 pm
- 04 14 2012 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach – 11:40 am
- 04 15 2012 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach – 1:10 pm
- 04 20 2012 25th Running Women’s Little 500 – 7:00 pm
- 04 21 2012 62nd Running Men’s Little 500 – 2:00 pm
- 04 25 2012 UC Baseball
- 05 03 2012 Amanda Elementary
- 05 12 2012 McGuire AFB NJ air show
- 05 13 2012 McGuire AFB NJ air show
- 05 18 2012 American Cancer Society Relay For Life
- 05 18 2012 UC Baseball
- 05 19 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7:00 pm
- 05 28 2012 Shaun Meadows
- 06 16 2012 Veterans Appreciation Rally
- 06 17 2012 Veterans Appreciation Rally
- 06 24 2012 Bishop Fenwick Festival 60th Anniversary jump
- 06 29 2012 Harley Rally in Dayton
- 07 09 2012 Dayton Defense Golf Outing – 8:00 am
- 07 21 2012 Tri-State Rhythm and Rib Fest
- 08 17 2012 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 18 2012 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 24 2012 Piqua High School – 7:00 pm
- 08 24 2012 Talwanda High School – 7:00 pm
- 08 25 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7:00 pm
What is a FBO?
* FBO Fixed Base Operator – is the primary provider of services to general aviation aircraft and operators located at or adjacent to an airport. Businesses traditionally offer aircraft refueling (also known as line service) of both reciprocating engine aircraft fuel (100LL or Avgas) and turbine aircraft fuel (Jet-A or Jet A-1), aircraft parking and tie-down, and access to basic comforts such as restrooms, internet, Popcorn and telephones
The Team Jacob Foundation
For more information or to make a donation see the Links Below:
AWOS Link AWOS LINK: