Thank you to everyone who came out and joined us today for Start Skydiving’s annual Safety Day presentation! It was a HUGE turnout! We had over 150 people in attendance today!!! It was awesome to see everyone’s face after such a crazy winter season. We are stoked about this upcoming season and rocking out some great skydives. We are already off to a great start with such a large turnout for Safety Day. Safety is what allows us to continue to enjoy the sport we are all so addicted to. 🙂 So, let’s make it a great year filled with awesome and safe skydives! We look forward to jumping with all of you this year! God Bless!
- Upcoming Season Event Overview: Arianna Williams
- Facilities Overview: John Hart
- FAA Overview: Paul McCowan
- Aircraft Safety: Ken Rieder
- First Aid: Kathy Taylor 2011
- Fatality Report: Boerger
- Freefall Safety: John Hart III
- Freefall Photography: Melanie Johnson
- Freefly Safety: Brad Hunt
- Rigging: Jerry McDonald
- Canopy Flight and Landing Safety: Ray Dutch
Winners on Safety Day:
- Robert Eaton Free AFF
- Stephanie Wong Free AFF
- Leah Summers 10 Free Jumps
- Nick Gerrenzi 10 Free Jumps
- Leah Summers 10 Free Jumps
2012 UC Skydiving Club:
UC has a new skydiving introduction course worth 1 credit hour. You get college credit for learning the basics of skydiving and also given the opportunity to make a jump at the end of the course. It is only 3 days long. Class is on May 9th, 10th, and 11th and the class is held at night each of these nights. On Saturday, May 12th, the class goes to the drop zone in the morning to jump. Sign up for the class to not only have the most fun credit hour of your college career but also to learn more about skydiving. CJ 520P is the code for the system!
Big thanks to John Wright for setting up the class and supporting the UC Skydiving Club!
2012 Tunnel Camp:
Come join us at the largest wind tunnel in the world and train with John II and John III March 23-25! We will be working on RW skills, mastering the mantis body position and having a blast! While this camp is 4-way oriented, it can be geared to train and practice any belly-flying skills such as those needed for AFF/Coach jumps. People will learn in tandem with each other, allowing two coaches and two people to be in the tunnel together, reducing the cost of the time. Contact John Hart III at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your time.
SALUTING OUR MILITARY:
Here are a few pictures of Scott Shell performing His mission here in the country of Liberia.
(Tempo Town Border Crossing) of Scott Shell along with a Liberian Imigration agent and another of the military observers standing beside the river between the border of Liberia and the Ivory Coast.
Feb 16, 2012…a day I will never forget…We went to Coleman, FL, and had the ride of a lifetime. The staff at Start Skydiving Florida made us feel very comfortable and safe as we prepared for our flight. Then we were off…..oh my….we climbed higher and higher into the sky and finally reached our destination….2 miles above ground….the doors opened and we prepared to “jump”. Nervous as all get out…..but out we went. Ed was first, then me. I could not believe I was doing this. Melanie and Thomas took great care with me and made me feel very good about this adventure. The videos and pictures came out great. I still cannot believe I did this. WOW, WOW, WOW…..I am glad I went, and we are planning to go again very soon…..Thank you for making this experience a “not once” in a lifetime…..but a “more to come” adventure.
Thomas, Steve and Melanie Johnson
Steve, AKA Mr. Personality, and his wife, Michelle, rocked their first skydives today! Hope to see you two back soon!
News from Team Fastrax:
- Ground Crew Training Camp March 17 2012 Starting @ 9 am. (Team Room)
- Team Fastrax tryouts will also be held on June 2012. Contact Gene at email@example.com if you are interested.
- Team Fastrax PRO Training camp May 18, 19 20 2012. Contact Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- 3 Team Fastrax training camps date and time will be posted later.
- Team Tandem Master Please email Medical Certificate and Rating to Gene at email@example.com.
- 04 04 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7:00 pm
- 04 14 2012 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach – 11:40 am
- 04 15 2012 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach – 1:10 pm
- 04 20 2012 25th Running Women’s Little 500 – 7:00 pm
- 04 21 2012 62nd Running Men’s Little 500 – 2:00 pm
- 04 25 2012 UC Baseball
- 05 12 2012 McGuire AFB NJ air show
- 05 13 2012 McGuire AFB NJ air show
- 05 18 2012 American Cancer Society Relay For Life
- 05 18 2012 UC Baseball
- 05 19 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7:00 pm
- 05 28 2012 Shaun Meadows
- 06 16 2012 Veterans Appreciation Rally
- 06 17 2012 Veterans Appreciation Rally
- 06 29 2012 Harley Rally in Dayton
- 07 09 2012 Dayton Defense Golf Outing – 8:00 am
- 07 21 2012 Tri-State Rhythm and Rib Fest
- 08 17 2012 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 18 2012 All Ohio Balloon Fest
- 08 24 2012 Piqua High School – 7:00 pm
- 08 24 2012 Talwanda High School – 7:00 pm
- 08 25 2012 Dayton Dragons – 7:00 pm
Wausau paper corporate plane
The Team Jacob Foundation
For more information or to make a donation see the Links Below:
Team Jacob Web:
Team Jacob Facebook:
NEW AWOS Link AWOS LINK: